Important Dates and Deadlines
- The last day to postmark a voter registration or register in person is:
- Aug. 19th – for the Sept. 13th State/Local Primary (noon-9pm)
- Oct. 12th – for the Nov. 6th General
- If you move, your notice of change of address must be received by the Board of Elections 20 days before the election in which you seek to vote.
- If you have missed the 20 day deadline, you may contact the Board of Elections for your new polling site where you will be allowed to vote on a paper, Affidavit ballot.
- A change of enrollment will not take effect immediately, but will be held until the first upcoming November general election that occurs at least 25 days after the form is filed. After that November general election, then, according to New York State Election Law, your change of enrollment will become effective.
Meet the Democratic Candidates – November 6, 2018 General Election
Kristin Gillibrand – United States Senator
Joe Morelle – 25th District Representative for Congress
Jeremy Cooney – NYS Senate 56
Fatimat Reid – Monroe County Family Court Judge
Zuleika Shepard – Monroe County Family Court Judge
Michelle Ames – County Legislator 1st District
Judge Ciaccio – NYS Supreme Court
Andrew Cuomo – NYS Governor
Kathy Hochul – NYS Lieutenant Governor
Thomas DiNapoli – NYS Comptroller
Letitia James – NYS Attorney General